Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Reflections on Leadership Week

Here are some thoughts about what we learned during Leadership Week. We feel ready to take on the challenges we face as leaders of Selwyn House School.

I found the challenges of leadership week very helpful and I drew a lot from them. Now I feel ready to take on the challenges of 2013. -Sarah.

 I have learnt how to organise an activity with the little year ones and twos. I also REALLY enjoyed going to the YMCA for the day on Thurs and Fri!!! The rock climbing would have to be my highlight! -Ella.

I’ve learnt how to organise an event being a leader of school by having 20mins of time with year ones and twos. I also really enjoyed climbing in the YMCA, learning to trust each other and pushing myself out of my comfort zone. -Chelsea

Last week I learnt how to be a good leader and how to stop the attention of a younger person from wandering off too much. My favourite part of last week was rock climbing at the YMCA! -Mackenzie

 I have had a lot of fun learning about being a leader and it has been a lot of fun working with the year ones and twos. The rock climbing was challenging at times but it was a lot of fun. -Emily

 I’ve learnt that leadership is harder than it sounds. A lot! Group management is one of the trickiest aspects, students can be very misbehaving and definitely NOT immune to distractions. -Juliette

 I’ve learnt that the simplest games can make Year 1 and 2s very happy. You have to be a little bit silly to make them stay engaged. I also learnt that during rock climbing, you have to trust the one who is belaying enough. Although they may not be your best friend you still have to trust them. -Lottie

I’ve learnt that Year 1 & 2s can be very difficult if you don’t keep them entertained and grabbed by the games. -Sarah

I have learnt that I can organise a group of people to listen and not lose the attention of all year groups. I have also learnt how to belay people and pay attention to them while they are on the climbing wall. Abby

I have learnt that I can organise a group of people to follow instructions and listen to what I have to say. I also learnt how to belay people and keep them safe when they are on the climbing wall. -Lilli

 I have learnt that I can organise a group of people. It is not bad to be a little bit silly and it makes them happy so they don’t go away and say they don’t won’t to do it. -Kate

Leadership Week was really exciting because we learnt lots of new things. I enjoyed sewing the poi and decorating them. This was challenging for me. -Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C