Friday, 7 June 2013

Sarah Br's Dairy Entry for a Young Knight in Medieval Times


15 of June, 476AD


Dear Diary, 

It's hard being a knight. All the things we have to do. 

But here’s the thing. It’s harder for me because I’m a female in disguise! I wanted to be a knight because they didn’t have to be ladies in waiting. But my mother told me that I was destined to be a Lady-in-Waiting and to stop moping about it. Then and there, I decided that I would disguise myself as a boy. I began as a page and worked my way through all the ranks until I got to Knight. 

Anyway, today we had archery. I was the best again. All the other boys wondered how I was so good. The answer was simple. I just felt where the wind was blowing and aimed into it so the wind would carry it to the bullseye. I wasn’t so good in horsemanship. My horse doesn’t like me for some reason. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because he senses I’m a girl? I don’t know, call me crazy. My horse's name is Halt. 

I had my ceremony one year ago. It was crowded. My mother was there but she didn’t know me! The day before I had cut my hair because it had grown longer. Being the only female knight is hard. My body slowly got used to hard work and then as soon as it had adjusted the work got even harder! 

Well, the teacher is calling us back. Today we are waging war against another country. So this is my last entry. 

Goodbye.

by Sarah Br

2 comments:

  1. Wow it must of been hard pretending to be a knight and not telling your mum. Excellent imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you can create short urls with AdFly and earn $$$$$ from every click on your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C