Friday, 5 July 2013

Once Upon a Mattress- Opening Night was Awesome!

Last night we had our first performance of our production, 'Once Upon a Mattress'. It was really fun yet slightly nerve racking. We had a great audience who really seemed to enjoy the performance.
Everyone did a great job of facial expressions and the show was full of energy. The highlight was everything and the low light was the ending because we were so exhilarated. Tonight we have another performance that we are really looking forward to.
Due to the fact that we are pretty tired this morning, we have a grand total of 3 students here today so far at 10am!

By Sarah Be and Mackenzie.

Here's a couple of photos taken on stage a minute before the curtain went up.  We were all feeling quite nervous at this point.


7 comments:

  1. We were absolutely blown away at the level if talent you girls have. We enjoyed it so much some of our group decided to come back and see it again tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done girls! It was a fantastic evening and you are so focused on stage. Congratulations, your hard work has paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The production was amazing. I was very nervous on stage but after the first dance I was fine and the nerves went down. My mum came both nights and she enjoyed both nights. I had a lot of fun being with my friends. My favorite part was when we came down for bows and exits.

    Abby,
    Selwyn House School,
    Christchurch

    ReplyDelete
  4. The production was magnificent. Before it started I was very excited and ready to go. On the first night my parents came and the next night my friend came. My mum got to be backstage on the last night. It was fun doing all the dances and singing. I'm glad I got to enjoy the moment with my friends. The after party was fun. My favourite part was everything.

    Sarah,
    Selwyn House School,
    Christchurch

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved the production. It was sooooo fun. On opening night I was slightly nervous and I laughed a little when the curtain opened but all of our hard work and sunday rehearsals really did pay off. It was a really fun show and I learnt that it is easier to be quite behind the wings than it seems.

    Lilli,
    Selwyn House School,
    Christchurch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi 8C,

    The costumes look amazing! Well done to everyone. I can't believe that Production is over the journey went so fast. I found it really hard when the audience laughed to not laugh especially when it was a part that I found funny.

    Charlotte 8C, Selwyn House School Christchurch, New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi 8c those costumes were amazing i saw the video on the other post 3 times it looked fun congrats on the production

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C