Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Bubble Maker- Abby's Personal Project



Have any of you reading this been diving before?

Do you want unique animals you see when you go diving?

Well I have because for my year 8 personal projects I have been learning how to dive. This project has been a highlight of my life.

Goal: My goal was to learn the open water confined pool skills.
Purpose: The purpose of this project was to learn all of the skills so that when I am older I complete the full course.

Some of the main steps for my project to become a success:
  • Find something that I wanted to study and I was interested in
  • Contact an expert for my project
  • Research
  • Write out all of the skills I had to learn
  • Go to the pool and perform the skills
  • Make a video of all the skills I performed
  • Get every thing for my board
  • Hand in for marking

My reflection: From this project I have learnt how to do a list of skills, all of the skills are challenging and have been sooooo much fun and will help me for the future when I do the full Padi open water diver course. I am extremely proud of the of the whole project because at such a young age you would not be able to participate in the course until you are fifteen and I am only twelve.
My first challenge was that I had to put together a project to present.

My second challenge was doing all of the skills and then getting the presentation in on time.
Next time I would change nothing but if I had to I would change the amount of time so that I could do the whole course. To complete the Padi Open Water Course can take most people over 6 weeks part time.

This project has meant a lot to me because it has given me a lot of confidence; my whole family loves the water so to be in it for a project has given me a good chance to do what I love doing.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Abby,

    I loved your project. I enjoyed watching your clips of you throughout the journey on the progress you've made. What was the hardest skill to learn?

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby,

    I loved your project. I enjoyed watching your clips of you throughout the journey on the progress you've made. What was the hardest skill to learn?

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abby,

    I loved your project. I enjoyed watching your clips of you throughout the journey on the progress you've made. What was the hardest skill to learn?

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abby,

    I loved your project. I enjoyed watching your clips of you throughout the journey on the progress you've made. What was the hardest skill to learn?

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Abby,

    Your project is so cool. You must have had so much fun. What were your highlights?

    Sarah Be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abby,

    That must've been so much fun! What was the hardest skill?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C