Friday, 6 September 2013

Page Turner- Sarah Br's Personal Project

Who has ever published a book before? Do you want to? Well I did!

For my personal project my goal is to write a short story book and publish it. I chose this because I’ve been wanting to write a book for a long time.

Process: Find out how to publish a book
Gain ideas for stories
Start writing stories
Find an editor
Finish writing
Edit double check
Publish
Print out things for project board
Do project board
Feel proud of what I’ve done



Skills I have gained: Some of the skills I’ve gained from this are connecting an ipad to a computer because when I had to preview the book before I published it, how to publish an ibook incase I ever wanted to make another one and I gained a wider range of vocabulary, thanks to the editor and how it hated having lots of I’s and the’s. Some new learning is that it takes a long time to start the publishing process because when it says ‘sign into itunes connect’ after you type in your username and password, it came up with ‘username not verified’. And after about 50 times I realised that I had an email that said ‘verify this account’ so that made things easier.

Reflection: Looking back on the journey I have come through I can’t believe I’ve managed to accomplish one of my dreams. The challenges were hard but I managed to overcome them without much stress. It’s going to be published in over 51 countries! I couldn’t believe it when I first found out. Something I could’ve improved on was taking photos of me on my computer doing the writing and publishing.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    Wow, 51 countries! What genre is your book and what's it about? I'd love to read it! Do you have a blurb?

    Juliette

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done sarah brantley i really liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Sarah - I am so excited to hear about your successes - you have always had such a flair and passion for writing and I am so proud to see you take it to the next level - good on you!! You are an inspiration for the young writers in this year's 6P!!!

    Congrats.

    Mr P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,

    How exciting to be an author! Can people purchase your book?

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah

    Well done with your book, what is it about? I would love to read to it. Can people buy thee book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah,

    Wow, I can't believe your book is getting published in 51 countries! Was it hard thinking of stories?\

    Lilli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done with your stories Sarah. You are such an amazing writer and I can't wait to read your book!

    Sarah Be, 8C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sarah,

    I heard that your book is going to be published all around the world, congratulations!!!

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah,

    That is amazing! Well done Sarah!
    Is that hard?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C