Saturday, 5 July 2014

We're in the 50% club!

Today is the last day of term 2, which means we are half way through the year already! This week, we reflected on the 40 Book Challenge and found out something pretty amazing............



8C, including Mrs C-M and Miss Fairhall, has read a grand total of 741 books over the past six months! That is an average of 32 books each! 



Mrs C-M is completely blown away by our reading so she decided we deserved a celebratory "40 Book Breakfast." We had hot chocolate and croissants plus other goodies.





Here are our favourites so far-


What are your favourites this year? We'd love to hear your recommendations.

7 comments:

  1. It's great to see students so exciting about their reading. Your teachers' passion for reading really shows in the way that you guys are on board with the 40 Book Challenge. Some of my students aren't interested in Reading and I try really hard to get them enthusiastic. Perhaps some of you could share some of your favourite books with us and why you liked them. 'The Outsiders' is one of my favourite books, I might read it to my students, I've been inspired by what you guys are doing. Keep up the great work!

    Mr Mita - Room 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love R-J's Face in the back round :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, 8C. You guys are fantastic. I teacher a year 5/6 class and we're doing the 40 Book Challenge this year too - I don't think we will have read as many books as you guys. It's great to see your favourites too. Keep it up - I'm looking forward to seeing how many you read by the end of the year. Keep calm and keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job girls! ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the 40 book challenge 8C! And I love the class photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excuse me... where was 8B's hot chocolate :P ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where is our hot chocolate!! haha looks like fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C