Thursday, 19 February 2015

Cheerleading!


      

This morning in period two, we had a leadership session. For the leadership session me and four others did a cheer presentation with our new teacher aid, Maria. Maria used to live in Chile, South America and she has been cheerleading for 20 years! She won nationals four times! She arranged for us to do the presentation to show trust, which was one of our focus points during Leadership week, last week. Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 10.06.30 am.png

We had four bases, which are the people at the bottom holding up the flyer, the person on the top. I was the person on the top. Meg, from 8PR stood behind me incase I fell backwards, also before I went up she held my waist to help me balance. Jemma, from 8CF held me from the front, she held my ankles incase I fell forwards. Danielle and Rosa from 8CF were the ones that held my feet close to their chests!

Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 10.08.12 am.png

Going down was the scariest because at first you thought you might just drop to the ground and get ground shock! BUT, I didn’t because of the amazing bases who I had to put all my trust into! Danielle and Rosa had to move their hands so that I could grab one of their hands and their other hand had to hold on very tightly to my feet, Meg held very tightly to my waist and Jemma held on as tight as possible around my ankles. They count to three and I quickly dropped to the ground, note that I safely landed on my feet!
Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 10.07.58 am.png
“It was so cool! We had to have a lot of trust in each other but I felt like if I dropped her I would die!” Danielle said.  
“It was good. It was fun and I didn’t think I was going to drop her, I was very confident,.” exclaimed Rosa.
I Think We Should Have A Selwyn House Cheer Team!

-Aria-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C