Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Dance Like Nobody's Watching- Emily's Passion Project

My goal -
My goal is to create a dance piece for the girls in Year 6 at my school, to then perform at their Exhibition. The reason I am doing this is because I have danced since a very young age, I have always enjoyed helping my teachers choreograph little parts of small dances. Passion Project has given me the opportunity to spend more time exploring choreography.

Here is a basic idea of my process so far -

  • Research the steps of choreography,
  • look at videos of different types of dance
  • Decide on the concept of my dance
  • Discuss concepts with Year 6 (the class I am teaching my dance to)
  • Finalize concepts
  • Decide on music
  • Organise a time to meet with an expert
  • Meet with my expert
  • Choreograph my dance
  • Teach my dance to Year 6
  • Find props and decide on costumes
  • Watch Year 6 perform my dance

My Next steps -
My next steps are to reflect on how I think my dance was performed and how I thought I taught the dance, if I had another chance if I wanted to change anything etc. Also decide if I want to do anything more with my
Passion Project.






Emily Y

11 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,

    This is amazing. I loved watching what you had choreographed. It must have been really hard because you did have a specific time to have the dance ready and to be presented. I think you did a great job. How did you come up with the choreography?

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia thanks so much for commenting. I listened to the music and decided on what flt right with the music and what dance moves related to the theme, Heroes. Emily

      Delete
  2. Well done Emily! I really loved watching the dance, it must of been a challenge to choreograph! What is the biggest challenge that you have faced so far?

    Ella H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella. I think it was having to have my dance done in a certain amount of time. After watching the dance there were a few minor things I would change if I could but I was very pleased with the result. Emily

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Emily! I enjoyed being in the room as you worked with Y6. You had a lovely manner with the girls and you managed all the different groups so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Emily,
    I really loved watching the dance that you choreographed. you used symbolism and it was understandable and easy to follow. I liked the way you used music to enhance the performance.

    Zelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily!
    Your dance was choreographed so well! I also love how every girl got a bit of a special part and how you used lots of symbolism that (like Zelle said) was easy to understand. What are your next steps?

    -Violette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Emily, Your dance was so amazing and so original. I loved the song choice and how the moves were slick and tight and everyone looked like they were having fun. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily!

    I loved watching your video and the dance is great! The song choice really compliments the dance and everyone looks like they are having so much fun!

    ~Paige ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Emily!

    I loved watching your video and the dance is great! The song choice really compliments the dance and everyone looks like they are having so much fun!

    ~Paige ��

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emily!

    I loved watching your video and the dance is great! The song choice really compliments the dance and everyone looks like they are having so much fun!

    ~Paige

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C