Thursday, 29 October 2015

Tessa's Passion Project- Learning Through Play

Learning Through Play!


My Goal:
To create separate felt activities that stimulate early learner’s brains and enhance their fine motor skills -learning through play.
My Purpose:
To inspire a love of learning in young children who may not be given the same opportunities at home.
  Process:
  • Learning how to effectively use a sewing machine
  • Comfortably talking and interacting with younger students  
  • Designing and creating a number of learning activities and making them myself to give away (to be a philanthropist)
  • To inspire a love of learning in young children who may not be given the same opportunities at home.      
      
          Skills Gained:
       Throughout my project I have learnt to sew, budget, interview people, and negotiate, but most importantly learnt my project was about planning, revising and planning again.
      Reflection:
      Throughout my project I have learnt that if you never try you will never succeed. I am proud of the way I have trusted myself and gained a host of new skills. I have found my passion in Sewing and working with younger children. This project has enhanced my confidence and given me new knowledge.

3 comments:

  1. Well done Tessa
    you have worked really hard on your quiet books and I am sure Burnside will really appreciate them.
    Your comment on 'if you don't try you will never succeed' is so true. I hope that you keep on doing your passion sewing and working with younger children.
    What was your favourite part of passion Project?
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so nice of you! The items you made were so cute! and I think that they will be a big hit at the lucky school that you gave them too! When were you inspired to do this? In what ways did you work with the younger children? What might you have changed if you had to do it again?

    Thanks
    Jemma M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tessa,

    Your quiet books were amazing! I wish I had had some when I was starting school! I loved your passion project and I think that you had a great idea, and I can definitely tell you were passionate about it! Would you consider making more quiet books in the future? Great work!

    - Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C