Sunday, 1 November 2015

Enya's Passion Project- Magic Make Up

My Goal

My goal was to learn about special effects makeup. I also wanted know, where it’s used and how it’s done.

My Purpose

I chose this because I really like art, creating things and this is another form of art that I hadn’t heard of before. As a dancer, I have been dressing up and playing a role since I was little. Special makeup and costumes add and help to play a role, so this is a good skill for me to have in my dance career.

My Process

I began by attending my first lesson. I worked on injuries and more gruesome things. Afterwards some equipment to practice and booked another lesson.  At my next lesson I focused on character faces. This lesson was also super fun. Again I got some equipment to practice with at home. As Selwyn House got closer to our school production, Peter Pan, my friends were talking about the make-up that was going to be done for the production. I decided to get in touch with Kyleigh Lyth who was head make-up and ask if I could help out with my newly acquired skills. At the meeting she said she would love me to help and so I did the make-up for the photos and all 3 shows!

The skills I’ve learnt

  • Curiosity
  • Creativity
  • EnthusiasmConfidence
  • Special Effects Make-up Skills


4 comments:

  1. Wow Enya! They look so real! Where did you take lessons? What did you like learning more? The cuts and scars, or the character make-up? What was the hardest?

    Thanks
    Jemma M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing make up Enya, It was so interesting coming to your stand. Do you still have anymore leaflets? Or Youtube tutorials? Just wondering, Because now I think I want to give it a go.

    Thanks Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing make up Enya, It was so interesting coming to your stand. Do you still have anymore leaflets? Or Youtube tutorials? Just wondering, Because now I think I want to give it a go.

    Thanks Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Enya. You really put lots of effort in to this and from the look of your special effect makeup, we can tell. Everything looks so extremely real.
    Rosa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C