Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Learn To Sign - Aria's Passion Project

Learn To Sign



PROJECT LOGO.png



My goal
was to learn sign language and the teach my fellow peers.
I wanted
a way to communicate with my grandad who is deaf and the deaf community. Also I wanted a way for people to realise how hard it is to communicate when you are deaf.IMG_3091.jpeg




Evaluation

I will know that I am successful if
  1. I can communicate in NZSL to the deaf, I want deaf people to be able to communicate with the hearing.
  2. I also want to make sure that the girls in which I will teach sign language to, realise that it requires commitment and patience to learn and get an understanding of the language.






Study4.jpg


Reflecting On My Work

I want to learn how to sign in New Zealand Sign Language and teach my peers how to sign. I aim have people realise about how hard it is for deaf people to communicate. I want a way to communicate with my grandad, who is profoundly deaf and furthermore, a way to communicate with the deaf. I want to donate money to the deaf ed unit at Freyberg High School so that they can find easier ways to learn.

My planning was not so organised! I had planned all my notices on my laptop but everything else for the lessons were in my planning book!

I feel that I successfully completed my goal and maybe even a bit further than what I aimed for! Throughout my project I always had to think back on the reason why I was doing this and the reason why this means so much to me, it helped me stay on topic and not give up on what I set out to achieve. Certificate2.jpg


2 comments:

  1. Hi Aria,

    I love the way you have connected your Passion Project to something that obviously means so much to you. It's a great idea to have an NZSL Video Dictionary and it;s great that you are drawing attention to something most of us ignore or forget.
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved doing sign language lessons they were really fun. How long did it take you to learn all of the things you taught us. Isabel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C