Friday, 4 August 2017

Dance like no one's watching

Hi, I’m Yasmin and for my Passion Project I am teaching dance classes over at Ferndale!
Goal and purpose: The purpose of my project is to spark joy in the kids over at ferndale. It must be really hard for them so I wanted to do something over at ferndale that would make them happy! I also wanted to incorporate my passion for dance into my project so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to share my love of dance with kids that may not have it.

Prosses:

  • Ask Ferndale permission to teach their kids
  • Organise lesson times with Shane (manager of performing arts)
  • Plan what I will do in each lesson - This backfired on me because I was hoping to have control over the class but it turned out that Shane had other plans for what I would do
  • Go to the lessons - Each wednesday from 1:30-2:30ish
  • Record what I learned in my Passion Project book


New Learning skills:

I have learned all about what happens at Ferndale because I have always been interested in Ferndale and I now know how the school works and I have had the opportunity to talk to some pretty cool people. I have also learned about how children like to be taught which is really helpful for me because I love teaching and choreographing dances and then teaching them to people and when I teach them it is important that the kids are having fun!


2 comments:

  1. Wow Yasmin! That sounds like so much fun! The Ferndale kids will have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yasmin,

    This project says a lot about the generous person you are. I love that you have chosen to work at Ferndale School with children who learn in very different ways. I know this has been very challenging for you and the lessons haven't always gone as you hoped they might but that is great learning. You are providing a lot of joy for the Ferndale Children and they are teaching you a lot too.

    What do you think your next steps are?

    Mrs C-M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C