Hi, I’m Yasmin and for my Passion Project I am teaching dance classes over at Ferndale!
Goal and purpose: The purpose of my project is to spark joy in the kids over at ferndale. It must be really hard for them so I wanted to do something over at ferndale that would make them happy! I also wanted to incorporate my passion for dance into my project so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to share my love of dance with kids that may not have it.
- Ask Ferndale permission to teach their kids
- Organise lesson times with Shane (manager of performing arts)
- Plan what I will do in each lesson - This backfired on me because I was hoping to have control over the class but it turned out that Shane had other plans for what I would do
- Go to the lessons - Each wednesday from 1:30-2:30ish
- Record what I learned in my Passion Project book
New Learning skills:
I have learned all about what happens at Ferndale because I have always been interested in Ferndale and I now know how the school works and I have had the opportunity to talk to some pretty cool people. I have also learned about how children like to be taught which is really helpful for me because I love teaching and choreographing dances and then teaching them to people and when I teach them it is important that the kids are having fun!