Wednesday, 2 August 2017

I'm Sew Very Happy

Hi I’m Charlotte and for my passion project this year I am doing a project on upcycling clothing!

I decided to do this project because I was watching a documentary called ‘The True Cost’. It showed me all the horrible things and conditions people in sweatshops have to work around. This documentary really inspired me to do this project. We each get a mentor to guide us through our projects. We have to accomplish 4-5 mentor meetings or more. In Term 1 we did all of our research. Then in term 2 we did more research/planning for the project.
I chose to email 2 experts. I emailed the ‘People Tree’ company and they replied with three websites that I hadn’t found before. So that was very helpful. The websites had ideas about what I could sew and add to make my Passion Project more exciting! My second expert hasn’t replied yet but I have not lost hope! I think that she could still reply, so I am still waiting on her to reply.


I document everything on my blog. CLICK HERE to access my Passion Project blog.


My next steps are to:
  • Have at least 2 more mentor meetings this term
  • Make 5-7 more blog posts on my blog
  • Sew 5-7 more items of clothing

Thank you for reading my Passion Project Post.

Keep posted and watch my iMovie!!




4 comments:

  1. Such a good idea! And your blog looks awesome! I can't wait to see the finished results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isis!

      It's so nice to have people comment from outside of school! How's High School going?

      Charlotte

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rangi's great. I miss Selwyn House, but I think it was time for a change. I love your movie! And your clothes. How's the production going? I can't wait to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C