Friday, 4 August 2017

Lets DIY! - Chloe

My goal for my passion project is to have a successful youtube channel with at least 10 videos and 100 subscribers. I have chosen this topic so that I can improve with my photo/video editing skills and craft skills. For my year 8 passion project I have made a DIY craft youtube channel.

Check out my channel! I have a blog with frequent updates of how my project is going! So far during my project I have over 200 views on my blog from people just in the united states! My youtube channel has currently 63 subscribers. In term one I did a whole term of research!

For my research I watched a lot of DIY videos and have emailed successful youtube channels. One of which who have replied. Here’s the link to her channel. I sent her an email asking questions that would help me with my project here’s the Q&A:



I have learnt a lot of how to film my videos and edit them. I have found that filming a video is a lot harder than it looks. First of all I thought it was going to be super easy to edit and film. Filming is really hard and it’s hard to position the camera on the tripod. When you start editing and placing the videos it’s hard to plan out intros. I think I may have to refill more intros because I don’t like how they’ve turned out. I’ve got this good video editing app called “Wondershare Filmora.” I just downloaded another really good video editing app called cute cut. I can’t use it yet because it has a watermark on it. A helpful tip would be for video editing is always have a handy itunes card, you’ll never know when you need it.

Here are my goals for term 3/4 :

  • Film at least 7 videos
  • Get over 100 subscribers
  • Learn how to do transitions for youtube videos


What I have learnt so far:

  • How to edit better
  • How to film
  • How to run a blog and youtube channel
  • How to stay on top of work.





8 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! Your blog looks super cool too. I can't wait to check out your channel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Isis! I'll be uploading videos soon.

      Delete
  2. Hi Chloe,

    You have made a really great start. I enjoyed your passion project intro video; you communicate so clearly and have a really engaging voice and video style.

    I wonder what you will choose as the crafting project for your first video. I can't wait to see it. What a great idea to contact some of your favourite youtubers.

    Mrs C-M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have a list of my DIYS that I'm going to do! The youtubers were great and gave me really good advice!


      Chloe :)

      Delete
  3. Well done Chloe.

    Your work so far has been amazing. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

    I would suggest maybe writing down ideas or maybe a video asking viewers for DIY they would like to see.

    Keep up the good work

    Seb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have my ideas written down and want to film them after school and on the weekend!

      Chloe :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Chloe

    I liked your introductory video! You spoke nice and clearly and you knew what you were going to say. I look forward to learning some new crafting skills :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs Cary,

      I was thinking I could try an environmental tutorial DIY!

      Chloe :)))

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. We love hearing from you!

8C